- Are there any warning signs of mould to look for in my commercial facility?
- My ceilings are wet. What needs to be done?
- What are some safety concerns for smoke or fire damage at our business?
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mould growth. Musty odours and mildew are often also signs that mould may be growing in your property. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mould growth as well. High humidity levels in your building that result in condensation on glass and metal surfaces are also a warning sign of mould.
ServiceMaster Restore’s water damage specialists will evaluate moisture content in your ceiling areas to determine the severity of the damage. They may also have to remove some of your ceiling for ventilation purposes. Wet insulation inside the ceiling can also be a hazard and therefore may also need to be removed.
Occupant and worker safety is ServiceMaster Restore’s top priority. During the initial inspection, safety hazards are identified and addressed, including debris removal, air quality, electrical issues, slip and trip hazards, etc. Burnt equipment and electrical devices are separated out for disposal, and questionable electrical equipment or devices are unplugged and tagged for evaluation of safe operation. Electrical power may have to be turned off in the entire facility until evaluation by a licensed electrician is completed.